Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty and easy.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Hot Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18-946.36 ml leftover roast beef
- 473.18-946.36 ml leftover gravy
- salt and pepper
- fresh herb, of your choice (optional)
- 236.59 ml finely minced onion, sauteed lightly (optional)
- 8 slice bread, of your choice
- Slice the roast into thin or thick slices as desired.
- Warm the slices of roast in microwave or oven.
- Heat the gravy in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Add minced, sauteed onions and seasonings to the warmed gravy, if desired.
- Lightly toast or leave untoasted the sliced bread.
- Lay two slices of the sliced bread side-by-side on each plate.
- Lay one slice of warmed meat on each slice of bread.
- Pour desired amount of warmed, seasoned gravy over both slices of bread and meat.
- Serve at once or reheat each plate in the microwave.
yummy! It's been years since I've had one of these sandwiches. I used some leftover beef roast and totally enjoyed eating this wonderful comfort food on a cool fall evening. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Memories of childhood come to mind every time I have this! This just kicks it up a level with the added herbs and onions. My BF and I love them, and have them whenever we have roast beef leftovers. We will have again and again, because it's the best way for us to use up our leftovers, and the sandwiches are great!
Now yur talkin', this is my kind of sandwich. I used turkey but its still the same, yummy and fills the hole!! Throw some taters and a vegi on the plate and yur good ta go. Thanks !!! Jimmbob