This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Helen,she has been making ice cream this way for 60 years or more. Of course then they went to the milk house for the cream. I added the peaches. As far as the fact that it contains raw eggs- I just don't worry about it. The ice cream is worth the risk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put peaches pieces, eggs,cream 1cup sugar and vanilla in blender.
- 2Blend just til peaches are smashed.
- 3Do not blend to long or you will whip the cream!
- 4Pour in 1 gal ice cream maker, then pour some of the milk and lemon juice in blender add last 1 cup sugar blend quickly-you do this to get all the goodie out of the blender.
- 5Pour this in maker.
- 6Fill to fill line on maker with milk.
- 7Put into freezer and fasten in, turn on ice cream maker, then start putting in layers of ice and salt.
- 8Finish according to makers directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-fashioned Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g