Recipe by Virginia
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Helen,she has been making ice cream this way for 60 years or more. Of course then they went to the milk house for the cream. I added the peaches. As far as the fact that it contains raw eggs- I just don't worry about it. The ice cream is worth the risk.
- 5 -6 very ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 gallon milk (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peaches pieces, eggs,cream 1cup sugar and vanilla in blender.
- Blend just til peaches are smashed.
- Do not blend to long or you will whip the cream!
- Pour in 1 gal ice cream maker, then pour some of the milk and lemon juice in blender add last 1 cup sugar blend quickly-you do this to get all the goodie out of the blender.
- Pour this in maker.
- Fill to fill line on maker with milk.
- Put into freezer and fasten in, turn on ice cream maker, then start putting in layers of ice and salt.
- Finish according to makers directions.