Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another old family recipe that I grew up eating and love to cook now. I began working at a grocery store when I was 16 (many, many years ago :-) ) That was the first that I ever knew you could buy noodles! My mom had always made them from scratch! These are a great side dish simply cooked in the boullion or broth or a great meal when cooked with cooked chicken, turkey, or beef. (Note: Preparation time does not include drying time).
- Measure flour into bowl and make a "well" in the flour.
- Drop the remaining ingredients into that "well."
- Work dough until it is stiff.
- Roll very thin.
- Let dry a minimum of two hours then cut into strips (I use a pizza cutter to cut the strips). You may dry longer.
- Bring boullion to a boil. If you are cooking the noodles with meat, you will want to bring the cooked meat to a boil with the broth.
- Add noodles and bring back to full boil. Lower heat to low-medium and cover pan.
- Cook covered for 18 - 20 minutes.
I had never made homemade noodle before, this recipe was easy and very good, thank you