Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
" As with any recipe involving raw eggs, please use caution and refrain from serving this to the very young, the very old, and pregnant or nursing women. Pasteurized eggs are also an option.One solution would be to use egg substitutes, which are frozen commercial products that have been pasteurized and are therefore free of salmonella.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow.
- Add the bourbon (or whiskey) and the brandy and blend well.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until slightly thickened.
- Fold the cream into the chilled yolk mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites and chill again.
- Serve with a sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
- Makes 20 servings.