" As with any recipe involving raw eggs, please use caution and refrain from serving this to the very young, the very old, and pregnant or nursing women. Pasteurized eggs are also an option.One solution would be to use egg substitutes, which are frozen commercial products that have been pasteurized and are therefore free of salmonella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow.
- 2Add the bourbon (or whiskey) and the brandy and blend well.
- 3Chill in the fridge for several hours.
- 4Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until slightly thickened.
- 6Fold the cream into the chilled yolk mixture.
- 7Fold in the egg whites and chill again.
- 8Serve with a sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
- 9Makes 20 servings.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Homemade Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 192.1 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g