Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the way they used to be. 1/4 pound, char grilled, all beef, only with a little mayo, lettuce, onion, tomato, and pickles on a good bun with lots of nice, cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef, with lots fat
- iceberg lettuce
- tomatoes, slices
- yellow onion, slices
- good quality dill pickle slices
- Season-All salt
- kosher salt
- good quality hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Shape the beef into 4 1/4 lb. balls. Flatten them until about 1/4 inch. season with season-all.
- 2. Get a pan medium-hot and add the onions. Salt then let cook for 10 minutes, until brown.
- 3. Get a grill hot then put the burgers down. cook 3 minutes then flip. Cook 2 minutes then add a palmful cheddar and cook 1 more minute.
- 4. Wile burger is cooking, toast the buns and spread on some mayo. Put a lettuce leaf on the bottom, then tomato and pickle slices on top.
- 5. Slide the burgers onto the buns and top with the molten-hot onions. Enjoy!
Great burgers, but needed more seasoning. We used lean ground beef and used mustard, but other than that made as written. Loved the onions fixed this was. Thanks for sharing. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.