Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I never seen anyone make this recipe before except the women on my mother's side of the family. It is a very old recipe.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cream
- 1 ounce cheese
- butter or cooking spray
- In a 1 or 1.5 Pt bowl, whisk together one large egg with 2 - 3 TBSP of Milk or Cream This is to make it not too runny/liquid but to make the egg able to coat both sides of the 2 halves of bread.
- Prepare a 9 inch skillet by either spraying with cooking spray or buttering it generously.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. The skillet MUST be hot before frying bread slices or unwanted results may occur.
- Quickly coat both sides of one slice of bread in the egg/milk or cream mixture.
- Fry in the hot skillet on both sides till golden brown(Time will vary because of several factors but usually 60 seconds or less so keep an eye on it)
- Put the first fried slice on a clean plate.
- Coat second slice of bread in the egg/milk or cream & fry both sides.
- This time when both sides are fried; lay the slice of your favorite cheese on the slice of fully cooked bread in the skillet and cover with first slice of bread.
- Turn over and wait 15-30 seconds until the cheese melts.