Recipe by Chefpooky
An excellent way to eat green beans, sweet and tasty
Top Review by Boomette
I can't believe how yummy this turned out. And it was very easy to do with just a few ingredients. The bacon turned out sweet with the brown sugar. The beans were perfect after the 15 minutes. Thanks Chefpooky :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (can use frozen)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, brown sugar and water.
- Stir gently; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- remove to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon.