Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An excellent way to eat green beans, sweet and tasty
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (can use frozen)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, brown sugar and water.
- Stir gently; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- remove to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
I can't believe how yummy this turned out. And it was very easy to do with just a few ingredients. The bacon turned out sweet with the brown sugar. The beans were perfect after the 15 minutes. Thanks Chefpooky :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
Yummy! I made it even easier by using the real bacon pieces in a jar/package, and added water chestnuts because I had a few left over from a salad. Great Flavor!
A great and simple way to make green beans that I've never tried before. The green beans had a nice sweet flavour that could be paired with a spicy dish for contrast. We're going to make them with spicy chicken next time (hubby's idea). Thanks for the recipe. This was made and reviewed for the All New Zaar Recipe Tag game.