- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 white egg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients.Blend well.
- Beat the oil, egg, brown sugar, and molasses.Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture, blending as you add.Repeat until all the flour is added.
- Roll the dough into tiny balls by hand.Roll each mixture in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place 5 cm apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.Bake 10 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.Cool on a wire rack.Store in an airtight container.