Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old recipe from the Scovil Bakery in Nauvoo,Il.These were baked in a 'bustle oven'and they still bake bread and cookies in that oven to serve to tours groups to show them what it was like during pioneer times.
- Combine first four ingredients in large bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll dough out on Pam (or other non-stick cooking spray) covered surface (I roll mine out thick,I like a thicker cookie) Cut with desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- These cookies freeze well and are softer and more flavorful after freezing.