This is an old recipe from the Scovil Bakery in Nauvoo,Il.These were baked in a 'bustle oven'and they still bake bread and cookies in that oven to serve to tours groups to show them what it was like during pioneer times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Add eggs.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Roll dough out on Pam (or other non-stick cooking spray) covered surface (I roll mine out thick,I like a thicker cookie) Cut with desired shapes.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 8These cookies freeze well and are softer and more flavorful after freezing.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned GingerBread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1442.0
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 648.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g