This is an old recipe from the Scovil Bakery in Nauvoo,Il.These were baked in a 'bustle oven'and they still bake bread and cookies in that oven to serve to tours groups to show them what it was like during pioneer times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Add eggs.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Roll dough out on Pam (or other non-stick cooking spray) covered surface (I roll mine out thick,I like a thicker cookie) Cut with desired shapes.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 8These cookies freeze well and are softer and more flavorful after freezing.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned GingerBread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1442.0
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 648.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g