Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice moist Gingerbread. I love it with lemon sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the egg, and mix in the molasses.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the hot water.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.