Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter until smooth.
- Measure 1 cup crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture on bottom and sides of a 12 inch springform pan.
- Chill for 1 hour in refrigerator or 1/2 hour in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together cottage cheese and flour.
- Push through a sieve into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, gradually to eggs, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Fold into cheese mixture until no streaks remain.
- Fill shell with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs evenly over top of cheese cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cheese cake sit in oven for 1/2 hour or longer, until it is cooled.
- Chill in refrigerator.
I substituted 6 cups of Quark for the cottage cheese and instead of a graham crumb crust I used a sugar cookie recipe for the crust. Perhaps because I used a mixer instead of folding in the eggs the volume of filling was enough to make two large cheesecakes. I baked them at 259 degrees for 1 1/2 hours and then 200 degrees for 1 hour and they turned out perfect. Betty