- Chop nuts.
- Butter a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate and corn syrup in heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Then cook slowly, stirring frequently to soft ball stage (238 degrees).
- Remove from heat. Add butter; cool without stirring to 110 degrees or to lukewarm.
- Add vanilla. Place in large bowl.
- Beat until no longer shiny and mixture will hold shape. Beat in nuts. One cup miniature marshmallows may be added before turning into pan. Turn at once into pan.
- Cool, cut in squares.