1 hr 10 mins
I've had this recipe for many years but didn't come around to trying it until last summer and it became my favourite cake with fruit. I used peaches that time. It is made in a old-fashioned way with a sugar sprinkled top. It makes a moist but not heavy cake. Hope you will enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175°C (or 350°F).
- 2Butter and flour a spring form pan.
- 3Cover the bottom with baking parchment and clip on the ring.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder and vanilla into a bowl and set aside.
- 5Slice the fruit of your choice and toss in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- 6Cream eggs and sugar until yellow and fluffy.
- 7Put buttermilk and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 8Take it of the heat.
- 9Pour the liquid into the egg batter and blend together.
- 10Stir in the flour mixture to the batter, carefully.
- 11Pour a little batter in the bottom of the pan just to coat it.
- 12Arrange the fruit slices to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 13Pour in the remaining batter.
- 14Sprinkle the top with a thin coating of sugar.
- 15Bake for about 50 minutes try with a stick to see if it comes out clean.
- 16Let it cool slightly and run a knife around the edges; open the ring and let cool completely.
- 17Enjoy as is or with ice cream!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Fresh Fruit Cake (Swedish)
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: