1/1 Photo of Old-Fashioned Fragrant Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Kat's Mom's Note:
From "A Passion for Baking" by Marcy Goldman, a cookbook I recently purchased that has taught me much about baking. This batter is amazingly light, as is the finished loaf. As you can see from my picture, if you give into the wonderful fragrance and try to slice this while it is warm, it may break into yummy pieces!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Generously spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and place pan on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 4In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until well blended.
- 5Add eggs, banana, sour cream, and vanilla.
- 6Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, scraping bowl often.
- 7Mix on low speed; then fold in walnuts.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake until bread springs back when gently pressed with fingertips, 50 to 55 minutes (it may have a crack in the center, this is common).
- 10If bread seems not quite done, reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 10 to 15 more minutes.
- 11Cool in pan 20 minutes; then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Fragrant Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g