1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Flapjacks
Been using this recipe for many years. It came from one of McCalls oldest cookbooks. ALWAYS use real maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat griddle so that a drop of water beads when dropped on it.
- 2Combine dry ingredients.
- 3Combine wet ingredients and beat well. (Do this quickly as the butter will tend to set up when it hits the cold milk).
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- 5Mix but not too much. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 6Drop a couple tablespoons for each pancake onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear in batter and bottom is golden brown.
- 7Serve with real butter and real maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g