- 2 cups all-purpose flour (wheat can be used also or a combination of the two)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle so that a drop of water beads when dropped on it.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients and beat well. (Do this quickly as the butter will tend to set up when it hits the cold milk).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix but not too much. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Drop a couple tablespoons for each pancake onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear in batter and bottom is golden brown.
- Serve with real butter and real maple syrup.