Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
These are the best flavoured fish cakes ever! You can use leftover cooked fish in this recipe.
Top Review by Maito
Fun project. The sauce was wonderful, lots of tang. We used a very mild fish, so the breadcrumb taste was what shined through for the fish cakes. I bet if you used wild salmon, it would give the fish cakes a great flavor.
- 500 g cooked fish, flaked (eg. poached blue-eye cod)
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 bunch shallot, sliced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon rind, zested
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- sour cream, sauce
- 250 ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, zested
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the shallots in butter with garlic and lemon rind for a few minutes.
- Mix the fish, breadcrumbs, herbs and shallot mixture together.
- Add the eggs, salt and pepper.
- Shape the patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow-fry the fishcakes on a medium heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with a sour cream sauce.
- To make the sour cream sauce: Mix together ingredients and refrigerate before serving.