Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the side of the Farina box...nice and easy to throw together on a Sunday morning.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup farina
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line with paper baking cups or grease the bottom only on a 12 muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, farina, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add milk, oil, and egg.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are light golden brown.
I prefer to use Cream of Wheat over than Farina. Very light and fluffy!
I liked the cream-of-wheat flavor -- very nostalgic for me. But they were unaccountably heavy, when I expected a light textured muffin. A little gritty, too. But this recipe helped me use up my cream of wheat, so thanks for posting!