Recipe by Amoo
From the side of the Farina box...nice and easy to throw together on a Sunday morning.
Top Review by Susie M.
Those who receive US Government commodities (mostly low income and senior citizens) get a lot of Farina in their food packages. This is one of the best ways I have found to use it up instead of having it sit on the shelves. This month alone there were two boxes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup farina
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line with paper baking cups or grease the bottom only on a 12 muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, farina, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add milk, oil, and egg.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are light golden brown.