Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who knew what a difference lemon juice makes in egg salad. This is a simple recipe but uber delicious. Recipe courtesy of The Taste of Home Cookbook and Linda Braun of Park Ridge, Illinois.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- lettuce leaves or 1 slice bread
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in eggs and celery.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or spread on bread.
This was really good. But it tasted better once I added a little bit of prepared Dijon mustard...even without it, it was really good. I will def make it again!
The lemon juice and dried onion made this salad so good. Instead of chopping the eggs, I mashed them. Thanks AmyZoe :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game