Old-Fashioned Egg Custard Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the eggs, sugar, salt, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Gradually stir in the milk, half and half, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour the custard into the unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the custard with the additional nutmeg.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350° and bake for 35 minutes more, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean; watch the pie crust edges; cover to prevent overbrowning.
- Allow the pie to cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to serve.