Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Done the old-fashioned way! ;) No topping, we just top it with homemade vanilla ice cream. ;)
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Dutch Apple Pie (Brown Paper Sack Method) recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange sliced apples in pie shell.
- In mixing bowl, combine sugars, salt and spices.
- Blend in cream.
- Pour over apples and dot top with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 450 oven for for 15 minutes.
- Remove pie, and slip it into a brown paper grocery sack.
- Fold over the ends of the sack to close.
- Slide pie back into oven and reduce heat to 350.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven, remove sack, and bake pie an additional 10-15 minutes til crust is golden brown and apples are bubbling hot.
- *The paper sack keeps the open-faced apple pie from drying out.
- Cool til warm, serve with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream! :).