Recipe by Mille®
If these don't make your mouth water, you might have a physical problem with your salivary glands.
- 8 beef ribs (about 3 ½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 vidalia onions or 2 sweet onions, diced
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 fluid ounces dry sherry
- 4 fluid ounces chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 tablespoons flour, salt, and pepper, and coat the ribs in the flour mixture.
- Brown the ribs in the bacon grease.
- Put the onions in the crockpot, followed by the ribs, and finally followed by everything else EXCEPT the 3 tablespoons flour.
- Cook on low for six to eight hours.
- Pull about a half cup of liquid from the pot and let cool.
- Dissolve the 3 tablespoons flour in the liquid, and pour back into pot.
- Cook on high for fifteen minutes or until thickened.