Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Paula Deen.
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine in a bowl both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined for about 3 minutes. Add in cubed butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. Slowly add milk and vanilla to batter until completely mixed scraping down the bowl as you mix.
- Scoop batter into baking cups filling about 2/3 full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.