If your grandmother made cupcakes, they probably tasted like these ;) Saw these made on Paula Deen's show yesterday and they sure were cute! Recipe courtesy Cheryl Day. You may want to cut the frosting recipe in half as it makes a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- 2Combine in a bowl both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined for about 3 minutes. Add in cubed butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- 3Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. Slowly add milk and vanilla to batter until completely mixed scraping down the bowl as you mix.
- 4Scoop batter into baking cups filling about 2/3 full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 5Cool and decorate with Old Fashioned Frosting.
- 6Frosting: Cream softened butter and add 4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth gradually add the rest of sugar to reach frosting consistency*.
- 7*Cook's Note: Add more sugar to get this consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2806 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.0
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 192.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g