Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This easy soup is excellent.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Crock Pot Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put sliced onions in slow cooker.
- Pour in melted butter and mix to coat onions thoroughly.
- Stir in cubed bread.
- Add chicken broth to cover and stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low 10-18 hours or on High.
- 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well during last hour.
This was really very good. I was a bit worried because of no seasonings but all I needed was a dash of salt in my bowl and I was all set! I used an onion bread bowl and added mozzarella cheese on the bottom of it. Great meal! Thanks for posting!!
Easy to assemble. Only occasionally stir for several hours. Salivate over the wonderful aroma coming out of your kitchen. Curl up on a cold night and enjoy this treasure of a soup. Pure comfort food. I made as recipe directed and it turned out wonderful. This recipe has been put in the keeper file and is now our staple onion soup. thanks for posting this great recipe.