Recipe by ChefWhiz
This easy soup is excellent.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This was really very good. I was a bit worried because of no seasonings but all I needed was a dash of salt in my bowl and I was all set! I used an onion bread bowl and added mozzarella cheese on the bottom of it. Great meal! Thanks for posting!!
- 3 lbs onions, large, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 6 -8 slices French bread, cubed
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sliced onions in slow cooker.
- Pour in melted butter and mix to coat onions thoroughly.
- Stir in cubed bread.
- Add chicken broth to cover and stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low 10-18 hours or on High.
- 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well during last hour.