Recipe by Dari Donovan
I got this recipe from a friend who lived in Middlesboro, KY. She gave it to me about 15 years ago and said it had been handed down to her from her Great Grandmother.
Top Review by leblanc.heather
I've been looking for this recipe for so long and am so glad to have found it. My mom used to make these during the holidays and they were always one of my favorites. They do tend to crumble a bit, but are still delicious!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 saltine crackers, finely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. (stir constantly to prevent scorching).
- Remove from heat; add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add crushed crackers and toss lightly to blend. Allow mixture to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drop mixture by small teaspoon onto waxed paper.
- Allow candies to firm before serving.