- 236.59 ml unbleached flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml honey or 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the cornmeal and stir until well mixed.
- In a second bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and honey or maple syrup.
- Melt the butter and add it to our second bowl, mixing well.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into an oiled 8in square baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until done in the centre and lightly browned.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the centre; If it comes out dry, the corn bread is done.