- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the cornmeal and stir until well mixed.
- In a second bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and honey or maple syrup.
- Melt the butter and add it to our second bowl, mixing well.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into an oiled 8in square baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until done in the centre and lightly browned.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the centre; If it comes out dry, the corn bread is done.