1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Cornbread
Young Structural's Note:
A really simple, nice cornbread recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add the cornmeal and stir until well mixed.
- 4In a second bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and honey or maple syrup.
- 5Melt the butter and add it to our second bowl, mixing well.
- 6Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and mix well.
- 7Pour the batter into an oiled 8in square baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until done in the centre and lightly browned.
- 8To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the centre; If it comes out dry, the corn bread is done.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (750 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g