Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
From : Coffee Talk, A Celebration iof good coffee and good friends cookbook. I received this book in the Cookbook Swap Feb 2009 from my friend NurseJaney. This recipe looks too good to pass up and I may have to make some this evening. For all you coffee lovers this is an inspirational book about friends, God, everyday life ,and Cofffee. Perfect book for me. NOTE: put coke in ingredients as it would not allow SODA. Use any sodapop chilled for the drink.
- 3 cups coffee, chilled double strength
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pint coffee ice cream (4 scoops )
- 3⁄4 cup club soda, chilled (or any type soda or pop you choose)
- whipped cream, and calories lol (to garnish)
- combine coffee and sugar, blend in 1/2 AND 1/2. fILL 4 TALL glasses halfway with coffee mixture.
- Add scoop ice cream to each glass.Fill to top with soda.
- Add dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
- you can also garnish with a cherry, cinnamon, chocolate scrapes, sprinkles or whatever your heart desires.
Reviewed for Aus/NZ forum June 2013 recipe swap. My children aren't coffee drinkers, but my husband enjoyed this coffee soda. Coffee soda is somewhat unusual in Australia- our ice-cream sodas are usually just softdrink/soda and icecream
I am giving this a 4 star rating but I was a little confused on the directions. I am going to play around with it and maybe figure out how it is supposed to be. My confusions are this: 3 cups of COKE chilled double strength. (Did you really mean coffee there? I have no idea how to make coke double strength. ) I assumed you meant coffee so that is what I used. My second confusion came when you said to top with soda. This is where I used the Coke. Mainly because in your intro you did say Coke. I did not use club soda at all.
This was a superb treat. I enjoyed it very much. It had my two favorite beverages in it...Coffee and Coke. The soda was rich, thick, creamy and oh so good. I finished it to the last drop. I loved that you could still taste the coffee, even with the coke in it. I will be making this one again Chef1MOM...thanks so much for sharing.