Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From a Maxwell House pamphlet. Can't wait to try this cake this holiday season and give away as gifts. I'm thinking of trying egg substitute in place of all the eggs to help a bit with the healthiness of this recipe.
- Heat oven to 350F and butter a 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffly.
- Add the eggs, 1` at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture alternatetly in thirds with the coffee, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a spatula and gently remove the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After it is completely cool, sprinkle the cake with the powdered sugar.
Made for KK's Forum Mini Cookathon. I so loved the flavor of this cake, and it was wonderfully moist. Will be making this again and posting the recipe to my Frost Me Now Cookbook.
This was wonderful, very moist, and extremely good tasting. I made it today, and followed the recipe exactly. When I make it again, and my DH won't let me NOT make it again, I may make the coffee a bit stronger. We both love coffee, so the taste for us will not be overbearing - for us! HokiesLsady - you did everyone a favor posting this recipe. Thank you for a wonderful treat.