Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If your a Macaroon fan, you will love this pie! Coconut lovers need only apply!!
Make and share this Old Fashioned Coconut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure coconut extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and coconut extract.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl combine the apricot preserves and vanilla.
- Add the cream and beat until stiff.
- Spread this over the cooled pie and garnish with toasted coconut.