Recipe by mb.read
This recipe came from a friend who worked for a period at a well known regional restaurant in Qld known as Weis'. This makes one of the smoothest, creamiest baked custards that I've ever had the privilege of tasting. All those eggs can make it a bit 'eggy' you may be able to eliminate this with the addition of a little cream cheese as used in some flans. Otherwise, modify the recipe maybe use one less egg or use 4 whole eggs 1 yolk etc. I still love this custard...don't let that put you off trying it...plz. Cooking time is a suggestion only.
Top Review by kittycatmom
I love coconut! This was just delicious! Not difficult at all to put together, and a smooth taste. I did cut back by 2 eggs using 3 whole eggs and 2 whites. Worked great! Thanks! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and sugar in pan, stir over heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Place egg and cream in a bowl, beat, add condensed milk and warm milk mixture.
- Pour into greased ovenproof dish (8 cup)and sprinkle with coconut.
- Place baking dish with enough hot water to come half-way up the sides of the dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven/180°C until set.