1 hr 10 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This is an old family recipe. It originally called for fresh grated coconut and coconut milk. Due to the fact that so many times the coconuts didn't have much flavor or were bad, this recipe was revised to use the frozen coconut. It is one of the best coconut cakes I have ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine eggs and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 2Add flour and baking powder and beat on low until smooth.
- 3Add coconut flavoring.
- 4Combine milk and butter in a saucepan and heat until butter melts.
- 5Fold into other mixture.
- 6Bake in 2 or 3 greased and floured 8 or 9 inch cake pans at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 7Thaw the packages of coconut.
- 8Squeeze each opened package coconut over the cooled cakes so that the coconut "milk" is sprinkled over the cake and soaks into the cake. Ice generously with "Seven-Minute Frosting" (#96449).
- 9Topping the icing with the coconut (in between the layers too!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.7
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 56.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 207.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: