These cookies are so simple to make and absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (we like Hershey's)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- butter or Pam cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease cookie sheets with butter or no-stick vegetable oil spray.
- 3Mix butter, shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until creamy. Slowly stir in cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Roll 1/2 inch balls of dough and dip them in the granulated sugar to coat them.
- 5Arrange cookies 2 inches apart on a greased cookie pan (I used butter, you could also use non-stick vegetable spray).
- 6Cook for 5-6 minutes, allow to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (932 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 404.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 66.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g