Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These cookies are so simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Make and share this Old Fashioned Chocolate Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (we like Hershey's)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- butter or Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets with butter or no-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Mix butter, shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until creamy. Slowly stir in cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Roll 1/2 inch balls of dough and dip them in the granulated sugar to coat them.
- Arrange cookies 2 inches apart on a greased cookie pan (I used butter, you could also use non-stick vegetable spray).
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, allow to cool completely.