Recipe by Boca Pat
This is a very rich, chocolate silky pie. It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good.
Top Review by PetraDWilson
I'd never had chocolate pie before, and was inspired by an American movie I saw the other day. I also don't have a sweet tooth but my family do, especially for chocolate. So I chose the recipe with no fuss involved and was so impressed with the results I took the present picture of it. But I used my own basic biscuit base, like making a big round shortbread with the chocolate poured on top. Like one of the other reviewers, I substituted the water with milk.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9inches)
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In lge saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, flour& salt Gradually add water Cook& stir over med.
- heat until mixture comes to a boil Cook& stir for 1 minute or until thickened Remove from heat Stir in butter and vanilla Pour into pastry shell Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
- before slicing Garnish with whipped cream.