Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very rich, chocolate silky pie. It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9inches)
- whipped cream, for topping
- In lge saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, flour& salt Gradually add water Cook& stir over med.
- heat until mixture comes to a boil Cook& stir for 1 minute or until thickened Remove from heat Stir in butter and vanilla Pour into pastry shell Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
- before slicing Garnish with whipped cream.
I'd never had chocolate pie before, and was inspired by an American movie I saw the other day. I also don't have a sweet tooth but my family do, especially for chocolate. So I chose the recipe with no fuss involved and was so impressed with the results I took the present picture of it. But I used my own basic biscuit base, like making a big round shortbread with the chocolate poured on top. Like one of the other reviewers, I substituted the water with milk.
This filling set up nicely and had a terrific texture, but it was lacking in flavor. It was missing any type of richness and tasted kind of watery. I would try using a different liquid, such as milk, in place of the water.
We have been making this pie for 3 years now...It is a family staple at Thanksgiving, and incredibly easy to make. Also great in a Graham Cracker crust!!!! Thanks!!!