Recipe by robingracejohnson
I think this chocolate pie came from Paula Deen; I got it from a friend of my Mom's. It is delicious and so easy to make! Try it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side!!!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful treat robingracejohnson. The pie had excellent flavor, with a beautiful rich, creamy texture and a lovely crisp topping. The pie was perfect served with a scoope of Hagen Daz strawberry ice cream. My dh was in heaven, we both enjoyed it very much. Made for Pac 2011.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick of butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) baking chocolate squares
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 frozen pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs and sugar; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour hot chocolate mixture into egg/sugar mixture while whisking continuously, so as not to cook the eggs.
- Beat well.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 26 minutes. (A crust will form on top, but will be gooey and chocolatey in the middle!).