Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a traditional fudge using both granulated and brown sugars. The addition of the marshmallow makes it oh so creamy. My mom made this every Christmas and we kids couldn't wait to get our hands on it! Now I never fail to make it myself! We always use walnuts in the recipe but pecans would work too!
- Combine sugars, evaporated milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil 15 minutes over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Spread evenly in a buttered 9-inch square cake pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares or rectangles, as desired.
I made this twice, the first time it was so mushy, so I figured it had to be me. The next time it was better, still a little soft, but keeping it in the fridge firmed it up. The taste was like eating a fudgesicle! Very chocolatey!