- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Completely mix sugar& cocoa together in large non-stick pan.
- Add milk and stir'til completely mixed in with cocoa mixture.
- Place over medium heat; stirring constantly bring to a boil and continue boiling and stirring until mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- (If desired stir in nuts, now).
- Pour into greased 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Chill'til hardened, cut into desired size pieces.