Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Completely mix sugar& cocoa together in large non-stick pan.
- Add milk and stir'til completely mixed in with cocoa mixture.
- Place over medium heat; stirring constantly bring to a boil and continue boiling and stirring until mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- (If desired stir in nuts, now).
- Pour into greased 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Chill'til hardened, cut into desired size pieces.
good and easy recipe. Just like my mom used to do.
Absolutely delicious! Just like my Mom used to make!
I used this recipe for the first time Christmas 2004,now it's the only fudge recipe I use.It tastes just my grandmothers fudge!Ever since she passed away I've been looking for the recipe in her recipe box with no luck.Thanks so much for posting this recipe.