Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom used to make this fudge recipe for holidays and it has always been a favorite of the family.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Line 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- Stir in whole milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Boil without stirring until mixture reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Do Not Stir. Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees.
- Stir in pecans.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until fudge thickens and just begins to loose some of its gloss.
- Quickly spread into prepared pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into square.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
This was just the fudge recipe I was looking for! It is sooo good! And no corn syrup either! Thanks for posting! I omitted the pecans and used organic evap. cane juice, organic cocoa powder, raw goat milk, organic salted butter, sea salt, and homemade organic vanilla extract. I'm making batch number two in e few minutes!