Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy, rich filling and frosting, enough for a 3 layer cake! This comes from my Grandmom's collection of recipes...it really is old-fashioned :)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in top of a double boiler.
- Mix the cornstarch with the milk; add slowly to melted chocolate, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and salt to egg yolks; add to chocolate mixture.
- Continue to cook while while beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla and cool.
- **Usehalf of the mixture to fill or spread between layers of the cake**.
- Use the other half for frosting by adding remaining 2 cups of confectioners' and the cream slowly to the mixture and beat until smooth.