Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are exceptional
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar (originally 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between.
- dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 2/3’s full. Plop a ball of bean paste in each. Push down slightly and cover with batter using the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.