Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just as the name implies an old fashioned chocolate cake. Goes so well with ice cream. Try it. From the Hersheys 1934 cookbook....
- Melt the baking chocolate.Cut into small pieces with hot water in top of double boiler over simering water.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add egg yolks, well beaten and whip thoroughly.
- Add melted chocolate mixture slightly cooled.
- Then add flour sifted with the baking powder, salt and milk.
- Fold in stiffly whipped egg whites and vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased and floured pan 13x9x2 inch.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) 40-45 minutes. Or until done.
- Directions written exactly as in the cookbook.