Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just as the name implies an old fashioned chocolate cake. Goes so well with ice cream. Try it. From the Hersheys 1934 cookbook....
- Melt the baking chocolate.Cut into small pieces with hot water in top of double boiler over simering water.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add egg yolks, well beaten and whip thoroughly.
- Add melted chocolate mixture slightly cooled.
- Then add flour sifted with the baking powder, salt and milk.
- Fold in stiffly whipped egg whites and vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased and floured pan 13x9x2 inch.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) 40-45 minutes. Or until done.
- Directions written exactly as in the cookbook.