1 hr 10 mins
Just as the name implies an old fashioned chocolate cake. Goes so well with ice cream. Try it. From the Hersheys 1934 cookbook....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the baking chocolate.Cut into small pieces with hot water in top of double boiler over simering water.
- 2Cream butter and sugar well.
- 3Add egg yolks, well beaten and whip thoroughly.
- 4Add melted chocolate mixture slightly cooled.
- 5Then add flour sifted with the baking powder, salt and milk.
- 6Fold in stiffly whipped egg whites and vanilla.
- 7Pour into a well greased and floured pan 13x9x2 inch.
- 8Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) 40-45 minutes. Or until done.
- 9Directions written exactly as in the cookbook.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g