This recipe uses leftover chicken. It is good enough to serve as a special company dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- pastry dough
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Stir in flour, garlic, salt and pepper until blended.
- 3Gradually stir in water, milk and bouillon.
- 4Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6Stir in chicken and vegetables; set aside.
- 7For the pastry, combine flour and celery seed in a bowl.
- 8Cut in cream cheese and butter until crumbly.
- 9Work mixture by hand until dough forms a ball.
- 10On a lightly floured surface, roll two thirds of dough into 12 inch square.
- 11Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 12Pour filling into crust.
- 13Roll remaining dough into a 9-inch square; place over filling.
- 14Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 15Cut slits in pastry.
- 16Bake at 425°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- 17Yield: 6 servings.
- 18Country Woman.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.1
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 644.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 21.4 g