Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe was my grandmother's passed to my mother and finally to me. It is the best ever comfort soup recipe. The entire family loves it. It is always prepared when someone is ill.
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- 350 g beef, osso bucco
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 (30 g) packets chicken noodle soup mix (preferably ossem brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until meat browned. Drain and rinse meat and set aside.
- Place all vegetables in a large pot.
- Cover with water and add stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup/vegetable mix until smooth.
- Add the packets of chicken noodle soup mix and the meat.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer cover, and cook for a further 30 minutes - stirring the soup regularly so the bottom does not burn.
- Taste before serving to see if you need salt and / or pepper - but I find the soup tastes heavenly.