1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Chicken Corn Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This is how I remembered it growing up in PA Dutch country. There is nothing like a bowl of this soup when you're under the weather or just wanting some comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover chicken with water in large kettle. Cook slowly until tender(about 60-90 minutes). Add salt when water starts to boil.
- 2When chicken is done, remove to cutting board until cool enough to debone.
- 3While chicken is cooling, strain broth through a fine sieve.
- 4Debone chicken and cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 5Add corn (frozen works fine)to broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Add celery and seasonings.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Add chicken and eggs.
- 9Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 10NOTE: If you like noodles in your soup (I do)add them with the celery and seasonings.
- 11SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Club Crackers and cubed Meunster Cheese (my favorite).
- 12NOTE: This freezes well if you have not added noodles.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chicken Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 711.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g