1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Chicken Corn Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This is how I remembered it growing up in PA Dutch country. There is nothing like a bowl of this soup when you're under the weather or just wanting some comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover chicken with water in large kettle. Cook slowly until tender(about 60-90 minutes). Add salt when water starts to boil.
- 2When chicken is done, remove to cutting board until cool enough to debone.
- 3While chicken is cooling, strain broth through a fine sieve.
- 4Debone chicken and cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 5Add corn (frozen works fine)to broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Add celery and seasonings.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Add chicken and eggs.
- 9Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 10NOTE: If you like noodles in your soup (I do)add them with the celery and seasonings.
- 11SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Club Crackers and cubed Meunster Cheese (my favorite).
- 12NOTE: This freezes well if you have not added noodles.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chicken Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 711.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g