Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is how I remembered it growing up in PA Dutch country. There is nothing like a bowl of this soup when you're under the weather or just wanting some comfort food.
- Cover chicken with water in large kettle. Cook slowly until tender(about 60-90 minutes). Add salt when water starts to boil.
- When chicken is done, remove to cutting board until cool enough to debone.
- While chicken is cooling, strain broth through a fine sieve.
- Debone chicken and cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add corn (frozen works fine)to broth and bring to a boil.
- Add celery and seasonings.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and eggs.
- Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- NOTE: If you like noodles in your soup (I do)add them with the celery and seasonings.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Club Crackers and cubed Meunster Cheese (my favorite).
- NOTE: This freezes well if you have not added noodles.